Second Grade Science Lessons and Investigations
Science Lessons and Investigations presents science learning through in-depth investigation and observation, supporting Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) in life, earth, and physical science. Each comprehensive unit includes a hands-on engagement activity to allow students to explore and investigate science concepts.
The 14 science units build upon prior knowledge and experience and allow students to apply their understanding in a variety of ways. Each unit guides students through exploring the science concept and includes hands-on, cross-curricular activities to extend learning.
This robust teaching resource gives you everything you need, including:
- Teacher support pages and an answer key
- Unit concept page to guide discussion
- Vocabulary/Words to know
- Reading selections with real-life visual examples
- Comprehension and vocabulary activities
- “ I wonder” and/or research and write writing prompts
- Hands-on science investigation that may include science experiments, STEM challenges, observations, art projects, and other creative cross-curricular activities
- What Do Plants Need to Grow?
- How Do Animals Help Plants?
- How Do Animals Pollinate Plants?
- How Many Things Live in One Place?
- How and When Does Earth Change?
- How Do Wind and Water Change the Shape of the Land?
- How Do Maps Show Land and Bodies of Water?
- Where Is Water on Earth?
- What Is Matter?
- What’s the Best Material to Use?
- What Can These Pieces Make?
- What Happens When You Heat or Cool Something?
- How Does Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling Help Earth?
- What Do Scientists Study?